Friday, July 11, 2008

Reaching Milestones

Sometimes we all get too caught up in the process of attaining goals to realize how far we've come. Sometimes we are looking so hard for the finish line that we miss that we've gotten over the biggest of the hills.
I am sitting at my house, filing my paperwork for my album. I went and opened a business account today and the banker looked at me and said "Aren't you excited?" and I had been running around so much that I didn't know for a moment and then it all came flooding over me. Oh my goodness I am SOOOO excited!!! And now that I am putting the papers into the envelopes I realize where I've gotten.
If you didn't know, I'm a singer/songwriter. That's my passion, music. That's what moves me.

When I was heavier, it got in the way of my dreams. I let it get in the way. I put years of training on hold because I was too afraid to get in front of an audience. I started hiding. I stopped writing songs, I stopped going out. I just stopped.
Losing the weight has opened up my life again. I'm back onstage. I'm writing. I'm going out--granted not so much in the ridiculous heat but-- more than I was.
About a month from now I will be releasing my first EP and I am so very excited to realize this plan and celebrate this return to music!

If you are reading this at the start of your journey, I hope that you see what you have gotten away from and fight like mad to get back to it. If you are already well on your way, don't stop fighting until you're where you want to be. You can do it!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home