Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Motivate!!

Ahhh, motivation. Where have you gone? I went on vacation and left it somewhere. I did a lot of physical activity on my all too brief escape from every day reality. We hiked everywhere in our campground. But now I'm back and well, my motivation is gone. Nonexistent. And I'm not sure how to get it back.

I've been poring over testimonials and Stephanie's story. I've been searching the net looking for other people's stories of overcoming poor health and ending up fit and happy. I've found a few, including this one, that have helped redirect me. I really liked this post and this one, too. Basically everything I've read says you have to find inspiration within yourself. You are the one who can block the way or the one who can clear the path.

I look at my relatives and their poor health and know I don't want to be in the same boat in 20 years. That's motivation. I think about my friends who are much more in shape than I am and feel a fierce desire to have their energy and stamina. Now I just have to channel that emotion into a giant bungee cord and snap myself out of my home and into my car, driving to boot camp. A friend suggested sleeping in my work out clothes so that when the alarm goes off I jump up and walk right out the door. I may have to try that.

What do you find motivating, when you need it?

"Some reward can come from others. Mostly it must come from you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home