Tuesday, November 06, 2007

How To Kill a Camper in 100 Reps or Less

I woke up the Monday morning after the Race for the Cure feeling like someone had punched me in both eyes. I think this was mainly allergies, but allergies were definitely not to blame for my hamstrings feeling like they had reduced in length by half. So I decided that I was going to sleep in the extra heavenly two hours and try to make the evening boot camp class instead.

Last night we did an Indian run, which is when everyone runs in a single-file line. The person at the front carries a baton and the last person in line attempts to sprint/crawl their way to the front and take the baton. This process repeats for the duration of a mile, or until the group falls apart and everyone just shuffles along in a mass of bodies.

After the Indian run, we started doing what Stephanie calls "The 100's," which I think stands for how many sets of each upper-body exercise you do, but also represents the number of times I wanted to throw up during the work out. It's kind of humorous that anyone would look at me with the expectation that I could do 100 push ups and then assume I would ever be able to move again, let alone work out.

The ten sets of ten push ups were definitely the most miserable part, where you would squeeze out about six and then the last four would simply be an out of body experience. In between each set, I curled up into a ball and pretended I was on a reality show where I would win a million dollars after all this. But the truth of the matter was that I was really just not going to be able to wash my hair that night or lift a beer up to my mouth since my arms ceased to function somewhere between the 17th and 20th push up I did.

I suggested we take our exercise down a notch, maybe the "I love the 90's" or the "Roaring 20s" work out but Stephanie didn't seem to think that was such a good idea. Instead we continued on with 100s. At one point, she asked us all how we were feeling but no one managed to say anything. I personally think that was because of one of two reasons: 1) We were all too busy counting, hoping we were almost to 100 or 2) We couldn't come up with any words that wouldn't break the "no four letter words" class rule.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home