Friday, March 21, 2008

Has Anyone Seen My BENGAY®?

I know it’s been a good week at bootcamp when I fidget at my desk. My job keeps me in front of a computer for most of my work day but today I’ve been up and down like a jack in the box. Why? Revenge of the Walking Lunges. Or maybe it’s the Attack of the Squat Thrusts. And very possibly a little Achey Breaky Abs. Either way I’ve been restless, getting up to stretch often and trying to work through the ache from my umm…posterior area. What can I say? I have butt burn.

So, fellow bootcampers, how was your week? First time campers, are you sore? You should be, if you're giving it all you've got. At the end of my first week of camp I was so sore that I had to use the handicapped stall in the ladies restroom at work. I needed the rails to hang onto and help lower me down and lift me up because my legs were not cooperating!

It feels good, though. I like getting up and knowing from the way my body feels that I had a great workout this morning. I feel like I’m accomplishing something even though results will take a while to show up. Sure there are days when I really, really want to sleep in and have to drag myself out of bed. And those are the days when I leave camp feeling proud to be pushing myself, challenging my body and transforming it.

Take care of yourselves over the weekend. Rest, relax and be refreshed because on Monday we’re back out there getting fit & firm!

"Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow."
~Norman Vincent Peale~

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home