Friday, February 29, 2008

Hard Work Pays Off!

My bootcamp location is SW, at Mills Elementary School. This week the sidewalks were decorated with chalk pictures, crooked hopscotch diagrams and some angst-ridden elementary age graffiti. My favorite was “SCHOOL were (sic) all students are tortured.” I had to laugh at it. After all, I saw it as I was hobbling to my car after a grueling, some might say torturous, work out.

Whether or not it was a brutal week of camp, the last week is awesome for one main reason: evaluations. You gotta love the day when you find out that there are inches gone and pounds lost all through the power of moving your body. I love the fact that my thighs and calves are showing definition and have gone from firm to downright hard when I flex the muscles.

There’s no better feeling in the world than the satisfaction of a job well done and the rewards that go along with it. I want to tell everyone that I’ve lost inches here and inches there and oh, several inches right here. I want the world to know that while they were sleeping I was out under a starry early morning sky doing The Ring of Fire and hey, won’t you look at me now!

I’m thrilled with my results. And I feel empowered knowing the harder I work, the more I benefit. Let the saga of The Incredible Shrinking Woman continue! My dream of becoming lean, toned and fit is well underway.

"Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them---a desire, a dream, a vision."
~Muhammad Ali~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home