Friday, May 16, 2008

The President's Challenge

I remember back in elementary school a certain time of year would roll around and our class would be given a national physical fitness test, the President's Challenge. I remember doing sit ups and push ups and some weird stretching exercise where they measured how far we could stretch. I hated it.

I was always the kid picked last for team sports. I was a nerdy bookworm, not an athlete. I sat on top of the monkey bars instead of swinging from them. So testing my "ability" and measuring me against everyone else was All American Grade A misery.

Now I can seek my revenge. The President's Challenge Program has been expanded to include adults. You can go on the website and download the test instructions and a form to fill in how you did. And when you go back and enter your information you'll receive an evaluation. You can even get the certificate! I never got the certificate. Yes, I may be a total geek for doing this when I know I'm healthier than I've been in a while, but I am soooo getting the certificate.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home