Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Smiling, Satisfied and Feeling Sassy!

Every now and then a rare day comes along where I feel great during boot camp. Sure, those lying leg raises still aren't fun but I'm doing them faster and with correct form. Today was one of those magical days, an everything-feels-good-day, with my recovery coming quickly and even the mountain climbers failed to get me down.

Disclaimer: Indian run still kicks it for me. But that was at the beginning of camp and I'd mostly forgotten it by the time we were halfway through our session of Fit Deck. Fit Deck is always fun, since you never know what's coming next. And I kept surprising myself by plowing through the exercises. I was sweaty and often breathing hard but had good endurance, for a change.

I think I've turned a corner in my fitness quest. I even held side plank balanced on the palm of my hand instead of my forearm. I didn't think I could but with quiet encouragement from another repeater (you rock, Peggy!) I did it. Everything felt just a little different today. Most certainly it felt easier, which is not, I repeat not, an attempt to goad my instructor into coming down harder on us tomorrow. I'd like to enjoy a day or two of "easier" at least.

I left camp in high spirits, which is a marvelous start to any day. I feel clear headed and strong and so very alive. It's a good day and I'm smiling, satisfied and feeling sassy. I feel like I look good, like the work I've done is paying off big time. I'm certain that it shows.

"This I do know beyond any reasonable doubt. Regardless of what you are doing, if you pump long enough, hard enough and enthusiastically enough, sooner or later the effort will bring forth the reward."
~Zig Ziglar~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home