Monday, September 08, 2008

Today is the day I ____

We talk a lot about goal planning and and setting milestones for yourself and again I want to stress the importance of planning-- but there also comes a time to shake things up.

I was reminded of a quote (they say the origin is Old Texan) this morning that really encompasses something that I truly believe.

"If all you ever do is all you've ever done,
then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

I can keep putting things off, keep getting distracted, keep making excuses for why I can't seem to get my mile time down, or my booty back in my back of the closet jeans. But I've been doing that. I can keep telling myself that my music is most important to me but then completely ignore opportunities to avoid failure. These things are going to get me the same results, which is still not being at my goal weight and at the cusp of something musically stunning. I figure if I'm doing it, somewhere out there is doing it too.
So, I'm quitting putting things off, quitting distractions, quitting excuses.
I'm sure it will not be easy, because old habits die hard. BUT I'm going to take it one day at a time.
So let me encourage you to pick something that you want to work on and do it today. Get something done, then pick something for tomorrow and get it done. No need for long impossible lists. Just one thing.

Today is the day I ______________.

For me: Today is the day I compete with confidence against other songwriters to win prizes.
(the confidence is the big part, I always go in all sheepish and I really think it has an impact on my performance) So I'm going in big. Performing big tonight and selling CDs at the South Austin Idle Singer/Songwriter Finals.

I would love to hear what you are doing today. Please leave your "Today is the day I ______" comments below!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home