Friday, November 16, 2007

And You Thought I Was Mean

Last weekend I went to the Xtreme Fight Championship (XFC) in San Antonio, Texas at the AT&T Center. It's kind of ironic that when I was a kid, you couldn't say the word "blood" around me without me bursting into tears, and now I find myself sitting cageside within inches of giant men (and women) punching each other. Either way, I never turn down the opportunity to get a free media pass and possibly bump into Tony Parker.

If you thought boot camp made you sore, just try to imagine this for a second: Climbing into a chain link cage and staring down someone who probably would be better suited for breaking a coconut open with his bare hands. That coconut will soon be replaced with your skull.

All in all, if you like action or just enjoy being at an event where it's completely appropriate to shout out "Go for the groin!" then you'd enjoy mixed martial arts fighting. I took a short video of one of the fights, between Kenny "The Italian Hit" Trevino and Kyo Gregoire. Trevino ends up knocking out Gregoire in the 2nd round and winning. If you're interested, you can read my (entirely too long) recap on the XFC Fight Blog.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home