Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Once, Twice, Three Times as Sore

This weekend, as I explained on my own blog, I made the terrible decision to double up my work outs. I obviously didn't think that one through. But the choice was made and I'm a bit of a strange bird when it comes to certain things, so on Monday morning I dragged myself out of bed for 100's Part Un.
Fortunately McD revised the 100's to "I Love the 80's" which is kind of weird because no one actually loved the 80's and no one actually loves the I Love the 80's workout.

(If that last sentence made no sense, I can explain: I have zero brainpower left in me currently)

I made it through I Tolerate the 80's and then went to "work" and tried to use my arms. My coworkers always know when I go to boot camp because I hobble around like Nostradamus. By 5:30 (that's PM, not AM), it was time to change and go to Part Deux. I changed at the office and then came to the terrifying realization that in my half-asleep stupor when I was packing my bag, I'd forgotten...socks.

I have one coworker who is...well, for lack of a better word, he's a push over. And he knows it, so I can say it on here. So I went over to him - "Maaaaattt..." Matt turned around from his computer and looked at me, knowing I wanted something. "Can I have your socks?"

I think he was just glad I wasn't making him fix the copy machine or get down something heavy from storage, because he said "You really want my socks?" and started untying his shoes.
So we turned them inside out, I asked him a few questions regarding foot hygiene, and then put them on. Putting on damp socks is like putting on a wet bathing suit - just. plain. disgusting.

Some people might have seen not having socks as an opportunity to skip out on the evening class. But I knew no one would believe me if I said I forgot my socks and I couldn't wuss out on my first day of two-a-days.

Tomorrow I have another round of two-a-days and will be bringing a bag to work with me again. When I was in 4th grade I forgot my homework at home one day. When I called my mom at work to see if she'd bring it to me, she told me no and said "I bet you won't forget it again."

Tomorrow I will not be forgetting to pack socks.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger MRhé said...

A) Do you mean Quasimodo?

B) Also, ewwww.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home