Tuesday, April 22, 2008

One Hundred Push Ups!

A hundred push ups. One hundred. One oh oh, as in Oh My God I did one hundred push ups. Awesome!! Can you believe it? New campers, did you think it was possible? I've reached the point where I stop second guessing myself in camp. I hear what we're supposed to do and just go for it. I do my best. And that's what I did on Monday.

I think I spent most of the rest of the day flashing back to camp and thinking "Holy smokes! I did 100 push ups before breakfast!". I still feel like She-Ra Princess of Power. I never in my wildest dreams imagined I was capable of such a feat. But my camp instructor did. Just another example of how someone who doesn't inhabit this body can look at me and say to herself, "Yes, she can."

More and more often I find that as I rise to the challenge of camp I not only meet expectation but exceed it. It's an amazing feeling. I'm sure you can relate. As you've gone through the last week of camp you've been racking up accomplishments, too. It's a wonderful feeling, knowing that we've had champion moments on ordinary days.

"Do or do not. There is no try."
~Yoda~

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home