Sunday, May 11, 2008

Exciting Times!

The end of a camp session and the weekend preceeding the start of a new one are always exciting times. You've seen how you can impact your fitness level in a small amount of time. Evaluations and measurements have been made and you're either satisfied or already planning to push yourself more come Monday.

I think it's amazing how devoting an hour a day even for as little as three days a week can change my body, slowly alter it. Slimming down, tightening up and showing off toned muscle is such a great reward for time spent sweating and pushing yourself to your limit. Or finding out that your limit has been raised and you can do much more than before, hey now that's rewarding!

So go try on those "skinny jeans" every woman has shoved in the back of her closet. Or that clingy dress or the mini skirt that shows off your legs. We all do that, set a goal for a piece of clothing we own. "I'm going to go to camp until I can wear the blue dress I bought for April's wedding last year but never got to show off." I moved recently, so you know I was trying on a ton of clothes and tossing them into piles. One pile was the giveaway mountain and the other was the save-it-until-you-can-fit-in-it hill. So back to camp I go.

A big congratulations to those who met their goals for camp. And for those of us still working toward our's I offer a heartfelt You Can Do It! I've had some setbacks in the past month and know what it means to feel like I've been treading water instead of moving forward. Come Monday morning I'll be at camp pretending that I'm a newbie and that's why I'm out of breath. :-) It's gonna be a wonderful boot camp!

“I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning...”
~Joseph Priestly~

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home