Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Have to Do What???

I'm not afraid to admit that I haven't been very diligent in my food choices in the last few weeks. It's difficult to walk away from the queso, you know? But queso, one of my favorite things, is not waistline friendly. Did you know that a serving of queso is supposed to be 3 ounces? Do you know how much 3 ounces is? It's two shot glasses of queso. I don't know about you but the bowl of queso that I usually dive into, umm, let's just say far exceeds one serving. And since I found out that I have to walk for 51 minutes or jog for 21 minutes just to burn off one serving of queso (not counting the chips) it is easier to not order it.

When I think about food in terms of how much activity it takes to burn that "fuel" I find that I'm less apt to cheat and eat unhealthy items. I have to eat better if I'm going to keep melting off my pudge and get down to that skinny chick that I just know lives inside me.

I'm not even going to get started on all my comfort foods. All I needed to know was that a Kentucky Fried Chicken's Original Recipe breast means an hour and 40 minutes of walking and 41 minutes of jogging. O.M.G. And mashed potatoes and gravy! ::::sigh::::

So how do you eat right but avoid bland food? I'm making out a menu for the next two weeks and on it are things like a grilled chicken breast salad with baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, red onion and a light drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette. I have spaghetti made with lean ground turkey and whole wheat pasta on for lunch tomorrow. And you know I'm going to enjoy my seafood, too. I'll broil a filet of steelhead trout that's been seasoned with garlic, freshly ground pepper, a dusting of smoked paprika and a kiss of salt. I'll be eating well and enjoying every bite. What are some of your favorite great tasting and good-for-you meals?

"Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork."
~English proverb~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home